ABOUT THE COMPANY
Vitally is a TechStars 2017 startup building a new Customer Success platform to help companies easily increase expansion and customer health, drive proactive automation, and deeply understand their customers. Our platform is built specifically with a focus on B2B SaaS companies in the SMB and MM space, and we're already pulling amazing companies like Segment, Zapier, and Productboard away from long-time, established competitors who have been around for years.
If you're interested in things like learning how to build a company, having autonomy to roll out your own vision and processes, being coached and mentored and improving your sales acumen, and generally working closely with a small, world-class team, Vitally's the place for you. This is a unique opportunity to be one of the first 10 employees at a promising, VC-backed startup and have a profound impact on both the business and your own career.
Operationally, Vitally is an early-stage startup that's trying to disrupt a saturated, complacent market, so we're constantly adapting and shifting, and you'll get exposure to a lot of change. That said, we are also very deliberate and data-driven, and believe in setting things up for scale. You'll get an incredible blend of early-stage exposure while also learning about systems that have successfully scaled and worked at billion dollar businesses.
Culturally, the team is extremely friendly, fun, hard-working, intelligent, and relatively mature. That said, while we're young and scrappy as a team, we don't believe in building a fraternity, startup cult, or tropes like "we're a family". We like each other, we support each other, we hang out, we bust our asses at work - but we value having our own lives as well outside of the office. If boozing, happy hours, and some of the sales startup tropes are what excite you, you won't find that here.
We're looking for our first full-time Account Executive to own the entire sales process from prospecting to close. Currently, we have a dedicated outbound BDR that is creating strong pipeline (though we are still figuring out the path to closing outbound consistently), and our Head of Revenue is handling deals but quickly running out of bandwidth.
It's early days, of course, and a lot is still being figured out, but we do have enough pipeline already to confidently and predictably know that we can support 1 AE - you aren't stepping into a vague promised land here!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help build out and refine our sales process, with a particular focus on driving urgency and displacing incumbents on outbound deals.
- Collaborate closely with the Head of Revenue, a former top performing Enterprise AE who has also been the founding AE hire at an early stage SaaS company in NYC, and the current BDR, who will start training to become an AE - then, on an ongoing basis, help train new hires!
- Full cycle sales from prospecting to close. Currently, we'd estimate this is about 25% prospecting/outbound and 75% deal cycle based on current pipeline and capacity needs.
- Participate in all company meetings; learn how executives and early-stage founders think about building a business, tackling problems, and just generally get exposure to any part of building a business that you care about
- Take command of our storytelling and vision; we want you to have strong opinions on what we do, how we can tell our story, position ourselves, etc, and bring that to bear
- Whatever else you see as important! As long as you're fulfilling your core responsibilities and on track to succeed, you can spend your additional time working on and getting exposure to whatever you'd like!
- 2.5+ years of SaaS sales experience, with at least 1.5 of those years as a quota carrying AE/1 full, fully ramped year as a quota carrying AE
- Self-driven and career-oriented. This is as early as it gets, and you won't have a big team around you to lean on. If the comraderie of a large sales team and the social elements of a large company drive you, we don't have those things (yet!).
- Comfort with technical products and complex value propositions
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Collaborative team player with a positive demeanor and high degree of accountability
- Highly metrics oriented. We believe sales, marketing, and CS should all be closely aligned, and we don't believe in vanity metrics or goals.
- Comfortable with rapid pace, change, and autonomy
- Interested in potentially becoming a leader - we believe in promoting from within and strongly support career development
- Experience at early-stage SaaS companies in particular
- Sales operations proficiency with Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with the existing Customer Success platform landscape
New York, NY
No - onsite required
Hit us up via Intercom!
Vitally doesn't use recruiters or agencies. Please don't contact us if you are one of those. You won't get a response.
The perks of working with us
At Vitally, we are lean and mean (actually, we're nice, but that's not how the saying goes).
When we add another team member, we treat that person well.
💸 Competitive salary
Living in NYC isn't cheap, and we want you to enjoy everything this wonderful city has to offer.
📈 Generous equity
We keep things lean, which means we can be quite generous with equity.
✈️ Unlimited paid vacation
NYC's great, but feel free to get away as much as you need.
❤️ Health, dental, & vision insurance
Stay healthy my friend - we want you here for the long haul.
📦 Relocation assistance
If you aren't in NYC yet, we'll help get you here.
🎱 Office space
Our gorgeous space in Dumbo (Brooklyn) comes with plenty of space, shuffleboard, a pool table, and a roof deck.