At Vitally, we're looking to bring on a senior backend engineer to focus on scalability as we grow our customer base and product. We're a small team looking for a teammate who can own large pieces of the codebase as we continue to grow!
About us: Vitally is a powerful and beautiful Customer Success platform that helps SaaS teams reduce churn. We collect and unify real-time data from all of their customer data sources (product analytics, revenue, communications, surveys) to help our customers quickly analyze their accounts, then manage their CS workflows through powerful collaboration & automation tools.
If you have experience building stable and performant systems at scale, we'd love to chat. At Vitally, uptime and performance are critical. At our early stage, we already handle a stream of real-time product analytics from our customers that peaks at hundreds of events per second. At the same time, we pull in real-time data from a growing suite of integrations that gives our customers unparalleled insight into the state of their business and customers.
We'd love to find someone with these traits to help us scale as we add more and more customers:
- You are an exceptional engineer with excellent problem-solving skills
- You have a solid understanding of relational databases (we use Postgres) and can write performant queries and optimize indexes
- You've built resilient distributed systems in the past and know how to build for scale
- You've built robust and stable data integrations to third party systems
- You’ve worked at least 2 years in a professional engineering/programming role
Additional points if you:
- Have experience with Node and Typescript
- Have experience configuring and securing AWS environments
Some things you might work on:
- Create a public API for Vitally with rate limiting and a reasonable and measurable SLO
- Design and build a Slack Integration
- Debug and optimize a slow API endpoint
- Select a new jobs system and convert our existing jobs to use that system
- Convert deployment infrastructure to use Docker
- Migrate our analytics workload from Postgres to a dedicated analytics store (of your choosing)
Thinking about reaching out? If so, here are some final reasons to take the leap!
- Salary: We offer a competitive salary given both your experience as well as location here in NYC.
- Equity: We want every team member invested in the company’s success and are happy to be generous with equity.
- Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance; commuter benefits; unlimited PTO; flexible work hours and work-from-home policy (we all work from home every Wednesday). We’ll also ensure your work environment meets your standards (i.e. laptop, monitor, etc) and will feed you (+ the rest of the team) for Friday lunches.
- Culture: We are committed to a productive and respectful work environment. Culturally, the team is extremely friendly, fun, hard-working, intelligent, and mature. That said, while we're young and scrappy as a team, we don't believe in building a fraternity or startup cult. We like each other, we support each other, we bust our asses at work, and we enjoy hanging out outside it from time to time - but we also value having our own lives outside the office.
- Team + tech: You seriously won’t find another team out there that outperforms us, so get ready to put your name on a ton of future work here! Our tech stack is handcrafted for extremely rapid, but stable, development - we ship fast, performant, quality code frequently.
- Career path: Not only will you learn and ship a ton in this role, but since we are a small team, there will be plenty of promotion opportunities ahead. We're looking to hire someone that can continue to own large parts of our codebase as the team grows
Hope to hear from you soon!
New York, NY
Hit us up via Intercom!
Vitally doesn't use recruiters or agencies. Please don't contact us if you are one of those. You won't get a response.
The perks of working with us
At Vitally, we are lean and mean (actually, we're nice, but that's not how the saying goes).
When we add another team member, we treat that person well.
💸 Competitive salary
Living in NYC isn't cheap, and we want you to enjoy everything this wonderful city has to offer.
📈 Generous equity
We keep things lean, which means we can be quite generous with equity.
✈️ Unlimited paid vacation
NYC's great, but feel free to get away as much as you need.
❤️ Health, dental, & vision insurance
Stay healthy my friend - we want you here for the long haul.
📦 Relocation assistance
If you aren't in NYC yet, we'll help get you here.
🎱 Office space
Our gorgeous space in Dumbo (Brooklyn) comes with plenty of space, shuffleboard, a pool table, and a roof deck.